Chicago stands for impressive architecture, a magnificant skyline and for outstanding art. For Gayle Chicago is inspiration.
In this video Gayle takes you on a short journey around Chicago before shopping all the ingredients for a cool tote bag project. Afterwards she takes you to her studio and shows you how to sew and embroiderthe bag with the Chicago skyline.
To start immediately you need the pattern, the CutWork file and the following materials:
- 0.8 m (31 ½“) grey cotton fabric, such as canvas (1.4m wide)
- 0.5 m (20“) black cotton fabric
- Remnants of red vinyl
- 0.4 m (16“) cotton fabric for the lining
- Fusible web
- Grey sewing thread, red, black and grey embroidery thread
- Tear-away stabilizer
- Adhesive spray
- Zipper, 9“ long
- 1 swivel hook + 0.5 m (20“) suitable webbing
- CutWork Tool
- Embroidery hoop, medium (100x100)