This presser foot sews tapes or lace below a fabric edge, which is simultaneously folded to form a hem. A coverstitch neatens both edges at the same time, whilst the material is folded by 1 cm.
1. Set machine for “wide or narrow Coverstitch”.
2. Raise the presser foot and snap on “Hemmer and lace foot”.
3. Insert lace into the right guide and slide it 1” (25mm) beyond the needles.
4. Fold the fabric under ¼” (6mm). Insert the fabric into left guide with the folded side down. Slide the fabric under the foot to the needles.
5. Lower the presser foot and sew.