With the gathering foot single fabric layers can be gathered evenly. In the same step one fabric layer can be gathered and simultaneously sewn on a smooth piece of fabric. This saves much time.
1. Set the machine for a 4-thread overlock
2. Set stitch length at maximum and differential feed between 1.5 and 2.
3. Raise the presser foot and snap on “Gathering foot”
4. Place the fabric to be gathered (1) under the foot and gathering plate, right side up.
5. Lower the foot, sew a few stitches to fix it.
6. Raise the foot, place the fabric that remains flat (2), wrong side up, over the gathering plate (3) of the foot, edges along the guide (4).
7. Lower the foot and sew.
8. Maximum gathering is achieved with max stitch length and max differential feed. Testsew to define the gathering suitable.